The Choice is Yours to Look Your Best with BOTOX®
What’s holding you back from treating and preventing wrinkles with BOTOX®?
“I come from a family where you’re considered vain if you get your eyebrows waxed, so you can imagine how I initially felt about trying BOTOX®,” laughs Justine, a 32-year old Art History graduate student from St. Paul, Minnesota. “I also ascribe to a more holistic lifestyle that includes organic food and skincare and daily yoga practice, so I was a bit skeptical of treating my forehead wrinkles with what I heard was a toxin,” she continues. “But then I joined my friend at her BOTOX® appointment with Maria Becker, RN at Face Cosmetic Skincare in Vadnais Heights and I learned about how safe and effective this treatment really is. Now, I can’t believe I waited this long to be treated with BOTOX® because I absolutely love my results!”
Like Justine, some people experience a bit of an internal struggle when it comes to pursuing treatment with BOTOX and other medical esthetic therapies. We succumb to the pressure of society telling us that we are vain, materialistic or shallow if we explore treatment options to enhance our appearance. Or, we may react to sensationalized news stories that feature horror stories of what sometimes happens when certain products or technologies get into the hands of the wrong people. Regardless of what may be holding you back from pursuing treatment with BOTOX, it’s important to remember that education can be empowering and that your decision is just that…YOURS.
“I love setting the record straight on BOTOX,” smiles Maria Becker, a registered nurse and injections specialist with Face Cosmetic Skincare in Vadnais Heights, MN. “There are so many myths and lies out there and sensationalized stories from uneducated people and I hate that some patients base their decisions on what these people or society has to say,” she continues. “When it all comes down to it, BOTOX is one of the most studied, safe and effective anti-aging treatment therapies available today. On top of it, it is lifestyle friendly, fast, affordable and yields results that are natural looking and lasting!”
What is the history of BOTOX®?
The history of BOTOX® is fascinating and a true scientific success story of how the power of a remarkably potent substance was harnessed and refined to be safely and effectively used in both traditional medicine and medical esthetics.
Years ago, Allergan, the manufacturer of BOTOX®, acquired a product called onabotulinumtoxinA after seeing the immense potential it might hold. They set to work conducting a series of clinical trials and submitted their final data to the FDA.
- 1989 THE FIRST FDA APPROVAL – OnabotulinumtoxinA received FDA approval for therapeutic use. In turn, it was rebranded as BOTOX®. Allergan next set to work on conducting clinical trials for the use of BOTOX® in frown lines.
- 2002 THE FIRST TREATMENT APPROVED FOR COSMETIC USE – On April 15, 2002, the FDA approved BOTOX® as a temporary esthetic treatment for moderate to severe frown lines in adults. The FDA requested that the product be marketed as BOTOX® Cosmetic to distinguish its esthetic use from therapeutic uses.
- 96 COUNTRIES – BOTOX® quickly becomes one of the most recognized brands in the world. Its approved application extends to 96 countries, making it the top-selling treatment of its kind in the world.
- 13 MILLION VIALS SOLD – Since 2002, approximately 13 million vials of BOTOX® have been sold for cosmetic use.
Is BOTOX® safe?
BOTOX® is the first and only treatment the FDA has approved for the temporary improvement of moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines. There are more than 15 years of clinical research backing its use, and it has been cited in 495 peer-reviewed scientific or medical journals. To date, it is the most widely researched treatment of its kind in the world!
Aren’t there other products on the market like BOTOX®?
The FDA has labeled BOTOX® as “non-interchangeable.” That means another product on the market cannot claim its safety and effectiveness. The strength of BOTOX® is measured in defined units, and the FDA has concluded that a unit of BOTOX® does not equal a unit of any other product. BUYER BEWARE when you see other brands claiming as such.
How do I make sure that my provider is using REAL BOTOX®?
“I openly and gladly show my patients the vial of BOTOX® I am using during their treatment,” says Maria. “I want them to trust that they are receiving the REAL product that is FDA approved,” she continues. “Some clinics that advertise super low prices on “BOTOX” are often bringing in product from other countries that our FDA has not cleared which is scary!”
- Ask to see the vial of BOTOX® Cosmetic that your injector will use during your treatment. The vial will have the BOTOX® Cosmetic logo and also have a holographic image that says Allergan. If the vial has another logo or marking, then it is not BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Make sure your appointment is with a reputable medical provider who purchases BOTOX® Cosmetic directly from Allergan or a distributor authorized by Allergan.
- Allergan manufactures BOTOX® Cosmetic in a state-of-the-art facility under the strictest quality and safety standards. Every vial is filled and sealed in a completely sterile environment where the air is filtered and refreshed in excess of 200 times an hour.
“After learning about the history and safety of BOTOX® I decided to get my first treatment with Maria,” says Justine. “My results were exactly what I wanted; I still looked like me, just more refreshed with fewer lines,” she continues. “I want other women to understand that how you choose to care for your appearance is YOUR choice, no one else’s. BOTOX® has allowed me to look as young and healthy on the outside as I feel on the inside, which is such a beautiful gift to give yourself!”
Interested in trying BOTOX® for the first time? Schedule a consultation with Maria Becker, RN at our Vadnais Heights clinic by calling (651) 632-9700!