LIP INJECTION TREATMENT OPTIONS
There are many lip augmentation treatment options, both temporary and permanent, to consider. HA is a naturally occurring building block of skin, and as we age the level of HA in our body depletes. Filler lip enhancement takes only a few minutes to perform and result in long-lasting, natural-looking full lips.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Our Woodbury and Eagan physicians will conduct a complete medical history and evaluation of the lips during your consultation.
- Patients on blood thinners such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or fish oil may want to consider stopping these medications for one to two weeks before their treatment if approved by their primary physician. These products may result in more bruising, and although the bruises will resolve in a week, it can be an unnecessary burden.
- Prior to injection, lips may be numbed by an anesthetic.
- Lip injections are performed with Restylane® or Juvéderm®, both of which are HA fillers.
- You may be given an ice pack to help reduce swelling.
Following treatment, the lips are numb and usually feel bigger than they actually are. Lip balm can keep lips from drying out. Most people go home that evening and comment that their lips are tender, but not significantly enough to interfere with their routine. If a bruise occurs, which is more likely for those on blood thinners, cover-up makeup may be necessary. Most people enjoy the benefits of their enhanced lips for six to nine months. Occasionally, some people metabolize the product faster. How long it will last for an individual is difficult to predict, but overall satisfaction from this procedure is very high for just about everyone. Contact our Woodbury and Eagan clinics to see if lip injections may be right for you.
Schedule a consultation with our staff to find out if it is right for you.